Sign in to follow this  
vwfastg60

I need help with my cluster

I need to know how to clear the memory from the cluster to make it read all 0's any info please IM me or email me vwfastg60 at yahoo dot com

Russell

Looking to set the milage in the cluster not the trip...I looked on that site but didnt seem like what i was looking for.Im looking to clear the memory from it.

its not illegal as far as i know, one you inform the new owner you did ti.

Lots of classic cars have that done after a concourse rebuild, or used to have it done, it was a big deal in the 1990's

You can buy adapters for the tacho on Germany eBay I think (plugs into the back of the tacho and with the right software you can reset things)... At least I saw one recently when searching for a new tacho.

it is illegaly to chang the mileage? but here in holland it is posssible to do so but if you want you''re car to be originale you wont do it

I don't think it's illegal, just seen as not very genuine. Yes, some people do reset the speedo's if they do a full nut and bolt rebuild of a car and / or change it to be something significantly different.

I've just bought a new set of clocks (km version for europe) and if when I turn it on the MFA says I've done 50,000km instead of the 194,000 I need it to. Isn't that more illegal if I then sell it in a years time ?

its got to be illegal hasn't it? it's falsifying the mileage, or giving it a 'haircut' as it's known in the trade!

do it old-skool, put it up on bricks and put it in reverse and fire it up!