Sign in to follow this  
logicaltuning

front panel removal

howdooo kids

decided to check all the many differnt things my engine problems could be, im gonna take the thing out to get better access to it all

hoooowww though do i get the front panel off ?

and the front bumper.......

since haynes never made a manual for it, i was hoping someone has a photo build to show what to take off as i heard i could drop the engine just removing the front bumper!??!?!?

ant

The bumper is held on by four large bolts that also bolt through the front cross-member. If you remove the four bumper bolts the crossmember will still be secured by two remaining bolts, but they're much smaller and I don't trust them. They may support the weight of the static engine but you definitely wouldn't want to be driving the car with no bumper iron attached. The front engine mount is bolted to the cross-member so if the cross-member drops, the engine will fall forwards.

The front panel is secured by a whole bunch of 10mm bolts. Remove the bumper and the headlights and just work your way around. You'll need to find an alternative way of supporting the raised bonnet (or remove that too) and the bonnet release cable will need to come off. It's pretty straight forward. You'll see when you start.

logicaltuning, even though haynes haven't made a guide for corrados yet, there is one available. search for corrado on amazon and get the big yellow bible as the rest of us. :D