Sign in to follow this  
Dec

MOT failure advice, please!

Just got my rocco back from it's MOT, few bits'n pieces need to be done on it. But one of the failure points was.....

Offside steering locking device missing [2.5.c.1a]

The guy who actually did the MOT test was out when I went to collect the car, and the garage owner couldn't explain this. So anybody got any idea what this is all about?!?!?

The steering lock on the car seems to work fine...and I didn't think that it was an MOT failure even if it wasn't!!

Any ideas? :wink:

Not being funny but why dont you just call the garage now the mechanic is probably back and ask him as us lot guessing aint going to give you much help.

Yeah, I'm gonna call down to them later.....I just though someone may have come across this before!

not being funny but your steering lock is buggerall to do with the MOT :D :D :D (Sorry but your blondeness made me laugh :? Nearly as good as our lass asking "........do they have gymnastics in the winter olympics?... :shock: )

he'll be referring to a locking device such as a split pin in the track rod end or some other such steering related part. poor terminology - should have said something like ".....track rod end locking device not present etc....."

you never know, the dozy sod may have thought there was a split pin missing and you may have nyloc nuts 8)

Haha H8rra, Old age kicking in is it chap, think you have repeated yourself a little there.

However he may well have repeated himself but he is spot on after looking into this for you, its the split pins and locking nuts.

Thats more like what I though it would be....I was told in the garage that "I was to do with the steering lock" though.....so clearly the owner was talking through his Ar*e!