Sign in to follow this  
H8RRA

Who's travelled the furthest for a car in one stint???

I drove from East Kilbride to Slough to view my Storm last July.I was sh*****g myself incase it was a dog.I had the missus with me,so she drove her dads' work van back(free petrol!).It was the first time that I had driven a Corrado,I can still remember the feeling.The test drive was amazing,it felt like being in a cockpit.I almost totalled the car on the way back(thank you ABS).I had worked a 12 hour shift the night before,finished work at 6 in the morning,came home had a shower,and left within half an hour.I think the journey is about 800 miles+ all in.I had to go to a bank first to get the money(don't take kindly to strangers' money in England)and I kept thinking that I would either lose the cash or get mugged.It was well worth it though,I spent the whole journey back grinning like an idiot listening to some quality tunes.What a day!

don't take kindly to strangers' money in England

i know what you mean, i tend to work a fair bit in scotland and usually manage to come home with a few "strangers" notes that somtimes get refused in shops down here :) .........and now, back to topic

I used to work in England gaz,so I was well prepared! I always wondered why it was such a problem,the guys at the local shops/pubs when I worked down there would look at the notes like they were roman currency.Anyway,as you say-back to topic.

Trying to get the cash together to buy G60 Dan's corrado, and if i do i will be flying into London, picking her up and driving all the way back up to Stranraer and back over to Northern Ireland, does the sea count in the milage??

And get this ... the girlfriend wants to come... even though i warned her, no shopping on the way!!

That would be a buzzin journy fella.

Good effort