Sign in to follow this  
DragonAttack

VR6, stone dead.

Girlfriend takes the car out for a spin and then cuts out. Absolutely nothing when the key is turned. :(

Brief recent history, new battery last week, before that a neighbour skelped my passenger side front, taking out the headlamp which had been sorted. Then my headlights kept blowing fuses after approx 10 mins of use.

No problems with starting prior to this at all other than the battery needing replaced (pretty old one in any case).

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

What year is is - ie is there an imobiliser?

Maybe something got knocked out of place when it was hit... check the battery voltage, all conections to battery, alt and starter.... then check fuses and relays are seated ok...

If the above checks out ok then look at the ignition switch and check your getting 12v when turned to the starter soleniod (fat red and black wire)

Cheers mate, its a 95 VR still with the standard alarm and a toad laserkey immobiliser.

I reckon you may be right about something getting knocked out of place, what with the headlights acting up too.

Nuts.

Yes - the reason I said check the voltage is that there maybe a short somewhere thats is causing the headlight fuses to blow and maybe draining the battery too...