Sign in to follow this  
djmac56

What's done when you get your car resprayed?

Hi All,

I've been dying to get my car resprayed to a new colour, cos it's not great in white, and cos I want it to look sh1t hot!

What do you get for your money? Do they take the engine out so that the engine bay matches, or will I end up with White under the bonnet and something else everywhere else?

Do they take the whole car apart? I.e. do they take the doors apart to spray them?

I don't want my car put back together in a shoddy way, all rattley!

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but I am totally clueless and dont want to be ripped off!

Cheers

They don't take anything off as far as I know, they just use masking tape to cover up everything that doesn't need spraying.

For a normal spray job I doubt they'd do all the inside..

Totally depends on how much you pay. A full job would include the bay and interior,

You gets what you pays for. But get some references and look about, Its the sort of thing thats going to pi$$ you off if it isnt right so be prepared to wait for the right sprayer, The good ones get busy and can command a big price, but equally big price dont mean good job.

Theres a few on here who have had work done so ask about, and if price is an issue you can always do some of the prep yourself.