Sign in to follow this  
Gman

KR engine

Has anyone done this?

I just striped my spare engine. The main bearing shell in cap 4 seems to be the wrong one fitted. it was the only one in the cap that had an oil channel. Is this how it was meant to be. I dont understand why it should be like this. This main bearing would be the first the get the oil preasure.

Any ideas.

Also where is the cheapest place for me to get the following.

std piston rings,

std main bearing shells

std big end shells

full gasket set inc seals

Also does anyone have any clearance specs for the KR engine. I have measured up all the bores for ovalisation and they seem ok. It was + 400ths and the piston was - 300ths ( that is for the worst case bore)

Any info on the engine would be great.

Thanks.

Has anyone done this?

I just striped my spare engine. The main bearing shell in cap 4 seems to be the wrong one fitted. it was the only one in the cap that had an oil channel. Is this how it was meant to be. I dont understand why it should be like this. This main bearing would be the first the get the oil preasure.

Any ideas.

Also where is the cheapest place for me to get the following.

std piston rings,

std main bearing shells

std big end shells

full gasket set inc seals

Also does anyone have any clearance specs for the KR engine. I have measured up all the bores for ovalisation and they seem ok. It was + 400ths and the piston was - 300ths ( that is for the worst case bore)

Any info on the engine would be great.

Thanks.

try the Club GTI Forum for info mate, quite a few engine builders on there, http://www.clubgti.com/forum/default.asp as for the bits, you should get some from GSF, ECP etc... but you may need to visit a VW dealer for some.

David.