Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

Love for Corrado's

Funnily enough, I'd actually choose a 2.0 valver over a G60 as well, I just like the smooth revviness of the engine... Everyone seems to view the valver as the poor relation of the G and VR, but strap a turbo on (which can be done for less than you might think) and say hello to 200+bhp rather easily... In fact, there's guys in Germany getting 400+ out of turbo'd 2.0 16V engines - try getting that from a G!

got to agree with gradeAfailure

if its a choice of the 16v lump and the G60 ive got in mine now 16v wins there just drivers engine in my opnion always willing to do that extra bit ;)

and the fact these engiens can be tuned up so nicely makes them my fav the only thing thats come this close in my opinion is a R32 lump nice and revvy

VR's seem to take the lazy route nice to cruise in and nice and torquey

as for G60's well for the miles ive dont it mine i say its close to a VR smooth and torquey but still fail to find this "g thing" people talk about that madly in love with their G60's

but then its each to their own

I did love the noise of the G60 engine but there is just abolutely no comparison to the sound of the VR6.. the VR just sounds sooo much nicer!

As for the 16v.. well, the one thing I will say for it is that it has to be one of the easier Corrado engines to work on and you certainly don't have the associated running costs of the G60 or VR, nor do you have the worry of the g-lader grenading itself through the bonnet :)

VR6 is quicker in standard guise I think, I've run a 14.9 1/4 in my standard VR if that helps. (at Santa Pod, not downhill York Dragway)