Sign in to follow this  
morpheus20170

Performance mod for Corrado 2.0 16v

does "complete injection swap from ABF engine" make difference in performancewise ?

Not really, unless you have it's more advanced ECU mapped to the spec of your engine.

A standard ABF with it's system is slightly more torquey mid range than a KE-Jet 6A/9A 16v, it's just a newer and more advanced system.

As it's fairly easy to get 170bhp plus from a standard K-jet system I wouldn't bother with an ABF fuel system swap hassle wise.

David.

Any one know how much it would cost to get the whole mod done? Is it an easy job? Sounds like i might have to get it done.

Cheers guys

You could get the engine and box for around £500, there is a bumped MK3 16V on autotrader for 550 at the moment.

Fitting it is no biggy. It'll all plug into the fusebox AFAIK. I bet you could get someone to do it for less than a grand. It would take 2 solid days to DIY.

Gavin

could anybody tell me if the throttle body on the 2.0l is bigger than the 1.8 16v and is it a straight swap

The same except the small plate on the 2 litre has a big lump on it.. IIRC

Gavin

There is a lump of steel or something on the plate. Not sure of the purpose, maybe to increase torque?? It would reduce airflow I guess but whether there would be any gain from removing it I don't know. You can just stick in the plate from a KR TB.

If you take off the elbow onto the TB and have a look in you'll see it, may have to open the throttle as I think it's on the back of the plate.

Gavin

EDIT I can see where you are going now and if it were my turbo C I'd remove it if one is fitted.

The 2 litre one is no bigger, so no use to you.

Keep your eyes peeled in the engine section for my new 16v throttlebody that i should be getting tommorrow.

Will post pics as soon as i get it

i removed the little lump of metal from mine ,dont know how much difference it made as i ported/polished the throttle body at the same time ,but together they made it much more drivable ,especially at low revs ,made it a bit quicker ,so id recomend it considering its basically free