Sign in to follow this  
Andy Brookes

Scally Rally entrants, Whats your news??????

After seeing Dec's post about his £56 Scirocco and his entry into the http://www.ScallyRally.co.uk myself and a couple of mates who all work in the same office and all drive Corrado's decided we fancied a go too.

Just paid the enterance fee this morning, so should get our number sometime today.

We are now on the look out for a Passat GL5 Estate, pref post 83 as they are fuel injected. Anyone got one stored away that they would sell for £100 or less??

We are currently trying to secure sponsorship from work and local garages for spares and tyres etc.

We will be collecting sponsorship for Breast Cancer as we have all have had close family or friends fight breast cancer in the last couple of years.

Our team name is Team Rado, but this may change depending on sponsorship deals!

1988 E Reg VOLVO 760 Turbo5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Petrol, Gold. OFFERS, NO MOT SMOKEY ENGINE, GREAT DRIVE, LOVELY CONDITION IN AND OUT, IDEAL SPARES OR REPAIRS, Electric windows front and back, Adjustable seats, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Central locking, Child locks, Colour coding - Body, Colour coding - Interior, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Front armrest, Electrically adjustable seats, Head restraints, Folding rear seats, Heated screen, Heated seats, Leather seats, Locking wheel nuts, Lumbar support, Power assisted steering, Rear armrest, Radio/Cassette, Rear headrests, Sunroof. Situated near Fareham , just off J9/M27..ALL MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ACCEPTED... £149. thats on autotrader andy

i was trying to do this but cant get time off! hope you have a laugh will defo be up for it next year!

thats not looking so bad, but think we are going to stick with VAG. Never had a Volvo so dont know them to well mechanically and would rather not a turbo on an old motor. Like the look of the leather though!

keep umm coming, think we have decided its got to be a 100 Avant now as John is really taken with the number of air vents on the dash!!!!

We are going for the long low look, the suspension will be dumped and will find some phat wheels. We are going for style points!!!!!

Cool....good to have a few more rado owners going along too :D :D

Think there's also a MK2 GTi and Geo may be bringing an old Jetta....so there will be a few VW's involved 8) 8)

Hi andy do you reckon you'll get on the full list or have they defo said you'll be able to run? even thou your no.107 0r so?

yeah got an email this morning asking if we still wanted to do it as they had a space for us. I'm guessing they havent had time to update the website as yet.

Go onto the scally rally forum and send the organiser "Sue" a PM. She sorted me out with a place in an hour or so, just for sounding keen 8)

ok ive put in an application hope this works will be quality! hope theyre not full up if she emails back ill try to convince her that she needs another vag car to enter! how important to society it is etc lol!

p.s application was quite easy i take it they take some more details at later date!

dec when did you put yours through ill get onto her asap!

I only asked about it on friday morning last....and she managed to get me a place by fri eve 8) 8)

andy, i`ve got a neighbour thats got an audi 80 going for the princely sum of £10 !!!!!! just needs a water pump apparently, if you are interested i`ll get some photos for you and have a damn good look around while i`m at it