Sign in to follow this  
gollfy

Headlight question

Hi all,

Just a quick one,

whats the difference between early headlights 89-92 and late headlights 92-95?

Only I have a late 92 G60 with facelift and there is some cheap one's I know off from a 90 H Reg rado :wink:

Thanks all

there is only a minor difference, the glass is definately different as i found out when i replaced both lots of glass, they ( gsf ) managed to give me one of each type and i didnt really notice until i put it on and found the black trim that goes around the headlamp doesnt quite fit properly ( mine is a 93 by the way ), the earlier glass sits recessed behind the trim, hope that is some help :thumbleft:

The profile from the side view is the actual difference and so the glass lens has different dimensions which won't affect fitment but will affect the visual position relative to the wings.

There are three glass lens in existance, the middle one lasted for 1 year in 1992. This wasn't / isn't listed as a spare part, the later standard being used as per your 1992 C..

The black snug trim changes accordingly to maintain the snug fit.

the middle one lasted for 1 year in 1992.

didnt know that, probaly explains why gsf spent a lot of time getting the right parts, they had to give it a couple of goes to get a matching pair :thumbleft: