Sign in to follow this  
biggrim

Charger inlet pipe

This is for my mate who is on the forum but too busy to do it himself.

The inlet hose from the airbox to the charger has 3 big holes in it so he's loosing loads of boost. We "fixed" it using lots of gaffa tape as a temporary measure. Phoned local stealer and they told me it is OBSOLETE!!!!! Any suggestions? I thought it might be worthwhile him getting an induction kit from Jabba or similar. Can someone tell me if this is a good idea of does someone make a better induction kit. The charger is standard at the mo but he wants to upgrade it sometime soon. Carbon canister is removed and air box cut away at the mo. Any suggestions welcome as the gaffa tape is a very temporary measure. He noticed a big difference in power when we sorted the holes :twisted:

You should be able to get hold of this pipe secondhand as there are always people breaking Corrados.

Induction kits are a personal thing. A lot of people use them but personally I would prefer to keep the standard box and panel filter. The reason being that I feel that the performance induction kits could potentially let more dust/dirt through into the charger. Also to gain from them they need shielding from the engine to help prevent engine heat from being sucked into the filter.

Induction kits do sound pretty cool though :):):). Maybe have an induction kit for the summer then change back to the standard box etc throughout the winter months.

you wont lose any boost through that pipe as it is before the charger..

if anything.. i'd be worried about those holes allowing unfiltered air into the charger.

HI,

I think i have one spare as i ditched my air box for a Jabba sport induction kit. Not sure where i put it though so will have alook for your mate tonight and let you know tomorrow- preety sure i still have it :p

Hey guys,

Im just in from work, its my G60 with the holes in the inlet pipe.

Thank you for checkin GRINGOG60, if you have one, that would be fantastic.

Sorry for not posting the problem myself but I was working crazy hours this morning.

Regards

DM :D

I think there are 2 spare down the unit that are on some spare chargers we brought. You are quite welcome to have one of them.

Hi Thomas,

No loss of boost there as its before the charger. Was going to replace it but theyre about £50 from VW (just for a little tube). Still had them when i asked a coupl eof months ago though..