Sign in to follow this  
selbekk

old to new interior then (whiners)

OK - update. Old dash is out (in the dark on the street..).

You do not need to remove:

a) Steering wheel

b) Glovebox

c) Right or left hand side vents (you will need to pull the ducts off the back and you will probably need to remove them to replace the dash, to ensure the ducts line up properly etc.)

d) You can also get away with not removing dash speakers and pull the plugs out as the dash comes out.

My issue now is that as the bottom late cubby hole is deeper, (as described previously) the bracket in the dash shell is further back to take the two screws that screw through the back of the cubby hole.

This bracket, however, also has a stud which holds the bottom of the dash in place, by bolting through another bracket which is bolted to the floorpan. This bracket on the floorpan, therefore needs to be about 3/4 of an inch further back to accept the late dash. I'm guessing there's a different bracket for early and late models. ETKA only appears to show a 'retainer' for LHD models??

I'm going to measure the exact difference between the two bracket depths on the dash shell and bend the floor bracket for now.

If anyone has actually done an early to late full dash swap and could comment I'd be grateful. Pics to follow...

Chris.

Just remove the bracket. The other trays that attach to the dash underneith hold it stable enough, you won't even notice its gone :wink:

You animal sir :nono:

Piccies finally attached (hopefully..)