Sign in to follow this  
catch_twotwo

Wiring heated washer jets

Ok, for some reason my G60 doesn#t seem to have the wiring for the heated washer jets.... or the jets that heat either..

However as I'm stuck in -15 I think I need these. So... I have aquired a set with the wiring. now, any idea's how I get this wired up to my car, or indeed how they'rewired up on the cars that come with this ?

At -15 I think the pipes would freeze anyway!

According to the G60 wiring diagrams from the Russian site I can't remember the name of...the heaters are simply fed straight from fuse 14.

The diagrams are clearly for a US Corrado but apparently it may be the same fuse as the electric mirrors.

nah they would work alright. mine does anyways, and I've been stuck in -25 degree weather for a while. just wait a few minutes before you use them.

You could connect it that way if you wanted. All I know is what's in those diagrams ^^

Thanks for the pointers..... I'll have to get around to wiring those suckers up ;) That and figuring how to get my lights to come on with the ignition.... :roll:

figuring how to get my lights to come on with the ignition....

Easy if you have an uprated headlight loom.

Really ? Do tell me more as I have an uprated headlight loom ;)

Hi.

Daytime running lights are often controled via the ECU. Being a Saab driver also this question has popped up alot on forums especially from the otherside of the Atlantic.

It requires a dealership tech 2 system to switch the lights from daytime running to operating via the dash switch. I would imagine its the same for a Volvo.

As an edit..

Saab 900's 1993-1998 and the later 93 model that shares the same body have daytime running lights powered by a seperate fuse. It has been known for people to just pull this fuse!!!! What happens to the lights and control after that I've no idea...

While that may be the ideal set-up, I think it's safe to say that catch_twotwo's ECU doesn't have the capacity to control the day running lights.

The way I see it, it's just a bunch of wires and relays. If someone can provide the required control philosophy then it's a straightforward modification.