slot

Whats the worst car you have ever owned ?

Oh dear... I had an A3 1.8T sport from new on an R, it was too early for leather (became and option on the very end of R cars if recall) but it went round corners and has sports seats that held me...

I was disappointed byt he torque, it felt like there wasn't any as there was no rush as the turbo picked up. I had mine chipped too and that didn't make the torque *feel* any different (but it was certainly quicker after the chip)

I'm surprised the 20vT is such a common conversion to be honest... I guess they fit different turbos?

Marc

Well I think the A3 1.8T only has the AGU lump which is 150bhp, the lowest output of the 20VT's. The 225 BAM is the one to go for which is from the TT/S3 I believe, and as standard they go well, but with a remap they absolutely fly. Mine wasn't even turbocharged, just an N/A 20V with 125bhp - I was seduced by the idea of a nice smooth 20V engine but it was bloody awful.

I don't think it helped that the car was so heavy, but when I bought the Corrado it was like driving a go-kart compared to the bus-like experience of the Audi!

Got to have been my first car..... Citreon Visa Super E, on a 'Y' plate I think, only cost £250 and had only done 20 mile in the previous year and only 40-50 the previous 3 years.

This is the same colour as mine!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47313[/ATTACH]

I had it for 7 months before it died, it covered 13,000 miles in that time and was a nightmare.

You couldn't have the air vents open for fear of being hit with rust, the body roll was hurendous. The noise was deafening, and performance was woeful! And the engine would cut out when it felt like it, even when the throttle was open!

Going down hill with a tail wind it'd do 90, at which point the doors would start to vibrate!

Great fun to drive and was sad to see it go, but it was horrible.