Sign in to follow this  
surfer.vr6

What does your VW dealer think of corrados?

I shall repeat this again :lol: : I have no problem with calling a Rado a Rocco, as that's what it is, full-stop.

Anyone who sees this differently is plain wrong or some thick marketing guy, who I as an engineer hate anyway (non-value adding geeks, know nothing about cars, ... erm, just thinking back to my visit in Berlin, .. yup, statement is true, marketing guys flog things without knowing what they flog :lol:).

Best question in Berlin from VW that we got: "Shall we call our new sports car a Scirocco or a Corrado?" :lol:

My local dealer has not seen any of my 3 Karmann toys yet, as the dealer is located next to where I work, and I normally walk into work (most sensible thing in Coventry). But I have spent quite a few quid there, too, far too many :lol:

Tempest

Well I'm hoping for a nicer response from my local VW now I'm over on the continent...

Apparently the guy at my local VW in Austria drives a Passat G60 Synchro so shuld be ok ;)

my dub dealer ( peter coopers ) are miserable bleeders, parts people have no sense of humour ( if you skim over the prices they want you to pay ) and i just cant trust anyone who cant appreciate a laugh, i think the company has a streak on discontent running through it usually brought on by "nasty" from the top that bleeds down to the shop floor....the only reason i use them is the fact that they are 2 minutes drive from me :(

edit: we also bought a nice tdi bora from these people and the salesman we had is a total b*llsh*tter, this resulted in us having to bring the car back 4 times for work not carried out

The guys at Helston VW couldnt be more helpful. Nice to see these still on the road was one comment.

Just back from Heritage in Bristol where I was attempting to buy small bits of trim and fittings.

Had to go out to the car to convince the parts guy that the bit I wanted really did exist even though it wasn't on his diagram. He made a few nice comments about the car then carried on spending ages with me while I fussed about screws, washers and general cheap bits of plastic.

Last week another parts guy also came out to check on something saying he wanted to see the VR6 Storm.

I've not given them any serious business though as the Gloucester dealer I used to use have blighted them all in my opinion.

I was told by a Scirocco-friend of mine that Heritage in Bistol is the place to go to, at least for good discounts (if you've got a Rocco, I'm told). Bit confused now :lol:

Tempest

Maybe they are but I've not really given them the chance to discount having only bought small bits and pieces.

They have been very helpful and patient with my requests to track down the right nut or bolt but I'm still not using any dealer for service / repairs.

Some young lad behind the parts counter once said to me ...after i asked a queston about the C that none of them could answer....."perhaps you should take it to someone who knows about cars"......lmao

I don't think he realised what he was actually saying at the time.

The comment was aimed at me .....or was it?

Apart from that .....which annoyed me greatly at the time.....they are pretty helpfull with spares.

I doubt half of them are old enough to know what a Corrado is though.

After an initial bad experience with the parts guy at EuroCanterbury VW (had never heard of a G60 and was generally unhelpful :mad: ), had nothing but praise and good responses towards my C's :)

Both at EuroCanterbury and Cirencester VW, regularly had techs and salesmen looking at the car and asking me about it. Often had the 'Always wanted one of these,' kind of comments.