Sign in to follow this  
Bobert healetty

YAY i finally god that bloody head loose

well i finally got the head loose..i ended up ruining the studs but as soon as the studs started loosening the head slowly started to lift off the block.. i am soo god damn happy right now its finally broken loose...only problem now is as i was taking up the studs i forgot to remove one of them now the head of the studs is inside the cylinder head so my stud remover cant grip it and i cant put the head back down flush with the block because some of the studs are sticking out the bottom of the cylinder head...

i think i may have to remove the intake manifold..but i dont care i am just damn happy that the cylinder head is finally broken loose i also have to finish unbolting the exhuast manifold from the downpipe because i missed one nut...once

i get the head off i will remove the exhuast manifold, replace the exhuast and intake manifold gaskets, clean everything up nicely, make sure nothings damaged, then ill get new spark plugs, do a coolant flush, oil change, clean out intercooler and all pipeing,replace distributor rotor, put everything back together if i can figure out where all these bolts go and i should be good to go

anything else i should replace while im in there if i dont have receipts of it recently being replaced?

The vibration equilibrium tube (more known in german as blasenmirmiteinsaug-rohr) might need replacing. Visit your local S&M store for more details.

:lol:

congrats with getting (the) head (off). Too bad you bust a nut. :lol: i'm unstoppable today.

yea putting it all back together is going to suck because the guy who was helping me took most of it apart and put all the bolts in 1 box and another box with all parts. so now i have to figure out where all these bolts and washers go because they are not labled but thats ok im just happy i got the head off...

i do have a couple more questions...

i want to clean all of the carbon and oil etc off of the valve and piston faces..what can i use to get it off...there is alot...

i also found out that the pistons in this car are flat top pistons the cylinders have been bored and the head has been shaved alot this is going to raise the compression quite a bit correct? and the shop shimmed two headgaskets together equaling 6 layer metal headgasket to lower the compression enough to put the supercharger on and keep the engine from pinging.. im guessing that didnt drop the compression enough because the charger blew 2 oil both times i installed it...i ended up replacing 4 oil seals in all 2 on intake casing and the 2 on the displacer.

what should i do put two headgaskets back on and try to install the supercharger again or should i just put one headgasket on and drive in high compression N/A?