Sign in to follow this  
Bobert healetty

what can i use to clean all that crap off

ok i have ALOT of carbon buildup on my FLAT TOP g60 pistons... i am sending the head off to get cleaned and inspected...the block is still in the car now what can i use to clean off all the carbon buildup that are ontop of the pistons....

so carb cleaner wont hurt anything?

just make sure the scraper is not sharp...something plastic would be ideal

keep in minds the pistons are still inside the block i will not be removing the pistons....an instructor at my school told me to leave the pistons alone and to slap the head back on put everything back together then start it up rev the engine and while the engine is revving squirt a little bit of water inside the throttle body...he said the water will atomize and eat away at the carbon and it will all fly out the exhuast...he said dont put too much water or youll hydrolock the engine...i know this instructor knows what hes talking about but i dont really wanna squirt water in my engine....i want some more opinions on this matter

he said the water will atomize and eat away at the carbon and it will all fly out the exhuast

How exactly do you squirt water in the TB.

Do you still get redex ?

use that if your car doesnt have a cat

I used to pour it through the top of the carb and I couldnt see the neighbours house for carbon

:lol: