Sign in to follow this  
Shaggy

Installing An Aftermarket Cooling Fan

Got my self a 12" diameter "davies, Craig" uprated cooling fan to go on my G60 from G-werks at the weekend.

Anyway i was just hoping for some confirmation on how to wire it all up?

Can i use the three pin plug on my existing setup and wire it in like that so i can make use of the thermo switch etc etc.

there are 2 wires coming from the fan?

Darren mentioned doing something like that but upon getting the kit home i dont know whether i have to use the relays that came with the fan or not.

And do i need to keep the original fan shroud that surrounds the rad with this setup?

Mike i had an uprated fan which had the motor located within the centre of the fan, This allowed for more room behind the fan assembly for other gubbings or in fact nice clear air flow

managed to get it in yesterday, just took out all the old fan and motor etc and plugged it into the original fan socket with male spade connectors! works a treat! and there is sooo much more room in the bay now!, although its only wired in for one speed i think as i only have a spade connector into the lower speed wire (red/white) although when it does kick in it moves quite a bit of air... 8)

Would i be able to spure of the same wire coming from the motor and go into both coonections on the fan plug to get in coming on at both settings??