Sign in to follow this  
Danr

G60 Awful noise near charger pulleys.

Ok i remember reading a sticky topic about a certain bolt that causes problems on G60 corrados below all the pulleys, works loose and falls off from what i remember but unfortunately i cant find the post on it and searching doesnt help either, can anyone point me in the right direction cheers dan.

I've got the same problem on my G6016v engine,sounds horrible as if something is going to break loose and fly off i managed to oil all 4 tensioner wheels with a syringe and needle slowly injecting in oil to aid the 14 year old grease and the noise stopped for about a week but then came back with a vengence.

Only thing to do in my case is change all the tensioner wheels,a heafty wodge of cash more than certain...

danr its the crank bolt that shears off...replace with DX bolt and washer

veedubbed, the 8v g60 tensioner wheels are £20 i think from gsf....or you can prise the rubber seal out and grease em

Are you certain its that fabled bolt? Around this time last year my G60 was making some AWFUL noises from around the g-lader area. I feared the worst and took it in to Stealth for a service it was due anyway.. belts were changed as per the service and the lader was checked - span freely and no apparent problems.

With the new belt on it was even worse - sounded like grinding metallic bearings whenever I drove the car, increasing in volume whenever the revs increased. Took it back and swapped for a genuine VAG belt and the problem went never to return....

Car lost loads of power, phoned g-werks said it sounded like that bolt had come loose, so thought i would look on here as i remember it being mentioned before.

But i couldnt find the information lol

i got this prob but have no loss of power, im not to clued up when it comes to engines and am fearing that the charger is due a rebuild.

Dont suppose one of you know anything about chargers that live in the cardiff area that could have a look or recommend a garage that can.

Safe as chuff :D

Car lost loads of power,

Check the timing marks on flywheel, crankshaft pulley, dizzy and camshaft pulley: Do they still all line up 100%? If not, then yes, your engine timing has gone adrift due to a loose crankshaft pulley. High time to get the old bolt out and replace it with a DX hex-bolt and washer (still have a set, if you need one, left-over from a previous group-buy), don't forget to apply a drop of Loctite 243 Lock&Seal on the bolt before screwing it back in.

Tempest

Not 100% sure no holes in casing so will be on its way to gwerks in the next day or so.

I know that there´s a nut from the timing belt cover.

Once i had that problem i found the nut on the engine bay.

The timing belt cover was touching the timing belt and cutting it!

any help with mine tempest?

You too might benefit from a charger rebuild by Darren at G-Werks, TBH.