Sign in to follow this  
cubed

my car towed!!

This is a tale i simply must tell!

At the weekend i went into town to a local spot to play a gig.

so with my work being so close i decided to take full advantage of my car pass to park in a relatively safe spot,after being nagged to park closer too!

anyway car parked and i,m at the venue i get a call from a friend who works the hotel bar across from work,"alright bud" he says"have you forgotten to put your pass in the car?" "no" i reply only to hear that they,d took my car and gone! of course at first i didnt beleive it but when someone swears on his life you tend to run!

i get there and sure enough,its gone.

i rang the firm and asked for them to stop,check my window then bring my beloved back.

he rings back and the cars on its way back. i was inspecting the car for damage before it even stopped! nothing, they hadnt marked it a bit!

fantastic!

he then informed me that they we,re and i quote"proffesionals!" and proceeded to try to perch the car on two bricks under each front wheel,i was unsure but at this time the band were frantically trying to ring me as they were on stage ready to soundcheck!

they lowered the car,using one of those twin hooped hiab things they tow cars with,with the wheels still on they,re trolleys at the back,trying to place the bricks,the car rolled backwards and fell!!!!

right onto the big arm of the hiab thing(technical terms i apologise for!)

smash! the lower spoiler and bumper crumple,hitting the main arm of the device,folding beneath the car producing a smile effect from my lower front bumper, understandable unhappy about this i took details of the crew and let the p*ss off while i got to the show.

anyway cut to monday and upon phoning said agency the owner proceeds to assure me no damage was caused,and being not the only one here to spend more time under it than driving it riled me to say the least!

i asked him to come and see for himself resulting in a string of excuses such as "the pass wasnt visable" and "lower spoilers are there to be battered" and "its ok its just some clips have broke!"

the bumper has sprung back but its now fatigued and sagging,(will post a pic soon!)

anyway he has agreed if its a reasonble quote,he,l fix it,i will keep you all updated....just be very choosy where you park!!

:mad:

too true,the gig went surprisingly well must have been the anger!!

well im happy to report true to they,re word they sorted it!!

so i suppose alls well that ends well.