Sign in to follow this  
Kick Up The Rs

Steering wheel boss

Went to fit my nice new Momo steering wheel to my even newer G60 yesterday, but I came up against a bit of a problem.

The Mountney steering boss supplied by Halfrauds fits the steering wheel nicely, but the spline on the steering column (1” approx) is too big for the boss.

I understand that there are two spline diameters on the steering column depending on the year of manufacture.

Can anyone tell me which version I have. The boss is M237X if it helps…

Ta in advance

The early cars used the smaller splines upto '88 from then on it moved to the larger spline. Thats all I know. Here are the momo numbers for their boss kits if that helps 1211212 for the small early. 1212012 for the late large spline.

If I remember correctly, Mountney don't do a boss to fit a momo wheel to the Corrado... you need to use a Momo boss... ;)

cant you remove the larger spline [its some sort of cover] and the smaller one is in the middle?! ....maybe i've smoked something....

Cheers all

Just opened the boss kit up and there's a sticker saying remove splined bush from column before fitting. Hmmm

Will take it back tomorrow & demand an explanation.

Cars eh?

Yep Halfrauds swapped the mountney one for momo 8014.

All fitted and looks great. Although I had to 'sharpen' up the indicator cancel lip on the boss with a file to get it to cancel after a left hand turn!