Sign in to follow this  
Baz2004

Squeaky belt

I’ve having trouble with a squeaking power steering bet in my 16V (KR)

Ive replaces it twice in the past yr, the current one is only on the car 6 months and has seen less than 500 miles!

Its mainly at low speeds in car parks etc the worst places to be making noise its really annoying and makes the car sound like an aul piece of crap!

I don’t have any major mods on the car 16’ BBS wheels and a slight drop but nothing major the front end/driveshaft etc don’t seem restricted in any way either so I don’t know what could be causing the strain on the belt.

I’ve tried loosing and tightening it to no avail, is it a case of cheap belts or am I missing out on something?

Was checking this further at the weekend, it only slips/squeaks on full lock anyone know how I could tighten it to stop this noise?

I have had the same problem although it seems to be okay at the moment. As well as the loud screeching kind of noise I also had the shuddering through the steering wheel on full lock. The belt has been tightened a couple of times and is new as well, but still not sure it wont start squealing again at some point,

Might be worth checking the tracking, if it's out it puts more strain on the PAS and can make it squeal at full lock

That could be it alright haven’t don’t the tracking since the coilovers went on. Went to get it done at the weekend and the lift in the place was broken :(

Yeah I went to 3 places at the weekend the first 2 places couldn’t/wouldn’t get it on the ramp.

The place with the floor lift had it broken that morning, wasn’t my day !

Shame too cus the guys in the place were cool knew a lot about coilovers and modified suspension setup. There were a couple of booyakas in the car park with slammed novas/Saxos frouns all round 

Ill be bring it over to them again in the morning fingers crossed their lift is back working.