Sign in to follow this  
Ad2408

Headunit wiring

Hi

Just been trying to fit a new headunit into the C but have hit a couple of problems.....

- The ISO connectors have been cut off (why do people do this :mad: ) and the last headunit has been fitted using chocolate blocks (again why oh why....)

- The unit works fine when the HU live and switched are both fed from the cars red and white cable(Permenant live?) but when the switched live from the HU is connected to the ACC cable of the car (Red/brown?) its doesn't work. Any ideas? I've tried the swapping the yellow and red around trick.... no luck!

- I've got the multimetre out and tried the ACC cable from the car and got the following results:

Engine Off/Key out: 0 volts (what i'd expect)

Turn to position one: Very low volt reading (any ideas what would cause such a voltage loss?)

Any ideas would be great! Or should I just tap into the switched live for the rear window heater? What colour is this?

Does any of this make sense!! :lol:

Adam

Mate, get an ISO connector and resolder it properly with heatshrink etc...

If the wiring is suspent already (as it is) you need to rip it out and start from scratch, leaving it is too much of a risk

Thats what I was thinking.... Think i'll pop over to ebay and see if I can source some ISO connectors.

Next question.....

Has anyone got any diagrams or even better pictures of how the ISO connectors should be wired?

Thanks again Supercharged!

Adam