Sign in to follow this  
BlackHeartValentine

Help! Raddo dies few seconds after starting!

I just bought a '90 corrado (my second) and it doesn't have any low end torque, nor high end either...it has an oil leak but doesn't overheat. When I started it up yesterday it slowly started and went to 2k rpm then dropped and died plus the oil light came on beeping, I know I need to find the oil leak and fix it as eveything is getting hit with oil...

There is a sensor connected to the top plastic hose coming from the top back part of the supercharger that has been spliced but only one of the two wires is connected (What is that sensor called? It hooks in on that pipe but is connected to the right side of the block)

Also, The MFA says my MPG is 99.9 and my average speed is 32 always, I tried to check the boost level by putting it on MFA2 pushing and holding it in then cutting the car off then starting it back up and holding it for 2 seconds and it said 94960 or 9496...

When I step on the gas pedal to go in first gear the car acts like it is about to die so I rev it up a bit till it gets going. Whats wrong here!! Then when Im on the highway and I'm in 5th if I want to go faster from where I am at say 65mph it barely moves I have to rop it into 4th to get it to go! Plus its riding at 60 mph at 2.9k rpm

Please Help!

Here is a Picture of Where the Sensor is (Not my car)

9911032189.jpg

there's a pipe from the back of the throttle body which leads to the ECU (under the plastic cover just infront of the windscreen on the right as you look from the front of the car)

This pipe MUST be 100cm long and in good condition else you will get the symptoms you describe. I'd guess that yours is either split or disconnected from your description.

*edit* Ah, right, you've just posted the pic...

That's the oil pressure sensor for the pipe to the supercharger oil feed. If the wire or sensor is missing or damaged, that'd put your buzzer and oil light on... ;) If the sensor is damaged, that could explain your oil leak too... Any chance of a close up photo of that area of your engine?

I posted pic just to show where the sensor is. (but not of my car, will post actual pics later today)

BTW, Do I have to get a new sensor from the stealership or a scrapyard or is there a website that might have it?

Also, About the Oil Leak, I am going through almost 2 quarts a day! It doesn't look like it's coming from the front of the block (valve cover gasket or head gasket) but it is shooting up through the front, like hitting the bonnet and for strange reason kinda seeping out the side light on the left front fender? Anyway, most of the oil collects on the pipes coming straight out of the front of the engine and on the back left of the engine if looking at the front of the car. Any Advice?

sounds like the oil return pipe from the supercharger to the block has become damaged or is loose....

Check under the charger to see if you can see a flexible pipe screwed into the bottom of it. It feeds over to the block just above the sump on the front near the middle.

I will check that out tonight, thanks again for your help!

Also, I just Called my local VW Dealer and asked them how much the Oil Pressure Sensor was and he told me that there was 3 diferent ones, and If mine was the black 2 prong sensor then it would be 263!! I saw it on a site a sec ago for 4-9. The sensor is definatly screwed, Pic will be up tonight.

it's a single prong oil pressure sensor... I can't remember the pressure it switches at, but any parts monkey should be able to find it... Like I say, it's about £15 'cos I replaced all of the sensors on my car when I rebuilt the engine... ;)

I had to rig it cause VW said all they can provide is the plug/switch case, I would have to get a pin puller and pull the two pins out of itand redo those, so I just got 3mm female clips and gutted the switch then reassembled it! Nice and New now. Thanx for all the help! :D