Sign in to follow this  
young lad

G60 Sticky Calipers & Coolant Leak

Hi there guys, i am officially a corrado G60 owner now, car requires some attention. The two main factors are, the handbrake can't be used due to as i have been told by the seller, sticky calipers, also mentioned this is a common fault.

Finally i drove the car for 50 odd miles, was lovely but once i got back i drove it and tested it slightly. Once stand still after driving it, the engine still running, i saw loads of smoke coming out from the left side of the bonnet. Found out the coolant had all wizzed out and there was nothing left in there, could it be the expansion tank and the lid which needs changing. As i filled her up with water/anti freeze again it drove fine but then again after just applying some gas it did the same thing. Could it be a air lock or does it need a new expansion tank and lip ?

Also just wanted to know regarding the sticky calipers would i require to change the calipers or is it possible to apply grease and that would solve the stickyness?

Thanks for your help in advance guys.

:)

hi matey and welcome the search is your friend fella! but with the rear brakes the general concensus is to upgrade mk4 calipers! and with you water leak just try replacing the cap first unless you can see any obvious leaks! as this is quite common and a new cap will only cost about £6.53 from the stealers cheers Andy

There is a rubber O Ring in the screw lid of the coolant header tank. If this has been forced up you may get these symptoms. Even I can fix that one....and I'm crap :lol: