Sign in to follow this  
JOHN.JARMAN2

ABS Sensor's.(VR6)

Hi new to this

This might sound really dumb but where are my ABS sensors on my corrado vr6. Is it the plugs connecting to my calipers because i thought theses were pad sensors. My ABS light is on and now n again the pump is kicking in even when stationary. Ive heard the sensors get sh**ed up n hopefully just need a clean.

Any help would be lovely as the light is doing my head in.

Thanks

hello JOHN.JARMAN2, if you tap in the following into the search engine

vr6 AND sensors AND abs

just like that, you will have plenty to read. i`m no expert on abs myself but careful reading will find you some answers.

The plugs for the front ABS sensors are on top of the suspension turrents, round black 2-pin connectors. The rear ones are the same connectors but situated under the rear seats, either side of the centre arm rest. Each sensor should read around 1.5kohms.

Thanks for that, i was looking for the rear sensors i check them hopefully one will need a clean up. Bit confused why the abs pump is kicking on tick over.

Thanks again

Bit confused why the abs pump is kicking on tick over

May be a problem with the pedal position sensor (located under the MC on the servo) or the ABS ECU - had any water leaks recently or new screen fitted??

Check the wiring, especially the ECU plug for corrosion (located in passenger footwell) - spray with wd40 and plug back in...

If nothing obvious then you really need to get it on VAGCOM...