Sign in to follow this  
timg60

G60 PAS pump

Have had a look on the search and am getting 2 diffrent takes on these.

Some say that the PAS pump on a G60 is car specific and some are saying that they have fitted them from other models even makes.

Could someone clarify this for me, as I might have :oops: broken one of the bolt holes off mine when changing the belt. So it is in danger of falling off. Dont really want to spend £300 at the dealers either. :mad:

Help.

Cheers Tim

Although the pump has the same (52mm) hub spacing as all 16v engines apart from the earliest KRs, the G60 PAS pump part number is different. It's only the first three numbers though and it sounds like the racks are more or less the same so I've got a feeling a 16v pump may well fit. I recently bought a brand new 52mm ZF pump on eBay for £40 delivered.

All I know is what ETOS is telling me...that the hub spacing of the shaft is the same 52mm as the later, two-pulley 16v pumps. I'm not saying you're wrong but the KR-engined 16v came with two different pumps.

Ah OK. Didnt know the KR came with 2 different types of pumps. The pump i have is certainly different. Is has a screw in oil feed on the top, do the other type use a banjo type connection?

My car used to have a 41mm Saginav pump with three pulleys; it now has a 52mm ZF pump with two pulleys. The hose connections on both pumps were the same screw-in type but there's a good chance that the G60 is different. I don't believe I've ever seen a G60 pump up close.