Sign in to follow this  
woody

HID's

JMR has just fitted a set of HID's to my G60, what a change to night driving (night become day).

Just a big thanks to john for what turned out to be three hours labour for free and all i had to do was sort a small problem with his PC.

Bargin!!!!!!!!

They work a treat with the angel eye projecot lighting Headlights from Inpro

Cheers

Woody

bear in mind tho..........that you might find an over-zealous MOT man fail you.........for not having auto h/l leveling and/or h/l wash

bear in mind tho..........that you might find an over-zealous MOT man fail you.........for not having auto h/l leveling and/or h/l wash

never ever actually heard anyone has failed for this,,, although i understand you are correct

never ever actually heard anyone has failed for this,,, although i understand you are correct

there'll always be a first tho :roll: ................and more so since the MOT is getting tougher and more regimented :(

There is nothing according to the VOSA requlations in the MOT which states that HID's have to be self levelling or have washers. John Mitchell who is a MOT er fitted them for me. He has had a kit fitted to his for the last 4 months. This kit came out of a Audi RS6 which got T-boned and would have cost £600 from Audi, All I had to buy was a set of bulbs from http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk. Total cost £120

JMR has also just supplied with a complete kit including bulbs for £200, don't think he's doing anymore but if you're interested it would be worth giving him a call.

Woody is also correct about the VOSA regulations, the only thing that they check is that a. Your headlights work and b. The level is correct

They may be in the engine bay, but the lights technically count as the exterior ;)

Engine Bay is for engine stuff :)

Moving.

Sorry VR6 you are correct I should have put them in exterior it was a bit late last night when i got in from JMR having them fitted and I was not sure where to put this