Sign in to follow this  
reaper1_3

whizzin sound?

well have installed my new audioscape pods and focal comps and i now have a whizzing sound coming through the speakers???

I have an infiniti 4 way amp which previously powered my 6x9's... all i have changed is ive run new cables for the comps down the centre console... power cable runs down the left side of car... 2nd rca lead for the front speakers....

could the problem be from the rca cable picking up something or maybe the speaker cables?? :p

reaper i had exactly this if its not ur + & - being the wrong way round its that youve got the wiring to close to the power lead! as mine used to go up and down with the revs very annoying!always try run the cables as far away from the power as possible! i did the neatest install in my golf and cable tied it took whole interior out stupidly didnt test it but it back together then got the whizzing with the revs! never changed it back after that!

Yeh that sounds the same thing! i tested mine before putting back but only had the engine running on idle!!! sounded great then i put it all back together took it for a run and doh how annoying!!LOL

will check the + and - first then out with the interior again!!!

i would have thought there was enough distance between the edge and the centre console though to stop any probs trouble?

Just fitted a ground loop isolator myself and it seemed to cure almost 100% of any unwanted noise.