Sign in to follow this  
PiercedWinky

Piercedwinky's Corrado - tires n wheels on, holes welded

Spent a little bit of time at the shop on Saturday and made a template then cut some sheet metal into shape :)

DSCN0389.jpg

I found some other goodies in storage yesterday too.

DSCN0397.jpg

DSCN0398.jpg

And I started polishing some engine bits.

DSC_0010.jpg

(even though it will be hidden)

DSCN0399.jpg

shiney things! :norty: :nuts:

liking the way its going mate, how long you planning to be until its all done?

shiney things! :norty: :nuts:

liking the way its going mate, how long you planning to be until its all done?

No clue, I haven't really set a time frame for myself.

I am at least hoping to have the car painted by september. It would be an awesome birthday present to myself... that and going to H20i with a bunch of corrado nuts :sleeping:

Speaking of corrado nuts I spent the evening at JoeyZ's house and flushed the coolant from his car and BSed for a 4 hours. Somehow I walked away with this:

DSC_0252.jpg

:cuckoo:

I cleared out my storage unit full of corrado parts earlier today. Interior tidbits, my extra hatch, other door, ETC ETC. Will take some more pics tomorrow when I unload it all at the shop.

And I have been searching high and low for pictures of the corrado Jet interiors. I have only seen one picture. Anyone have pics of them? Especially the door panels?

Interested to see the Made in Mexico stamp, yours isn't the first I've heard of with that....

You on target for September then?

1 month to go..... :)

Interested to see the Made in Mexico stamp, yours isn't the first I've heard of with that....

You on target for September then?

1 month to go..... :)

The stamp is under the air box on the frame rail.

Every single corrado I have come across has it.

Im not even close to on target for paint, but I have been moving stuff in the shop and helping other people the last few weeks. Lets see how much I can accomplish this weekend :cuckoo:

:) Good luck.

I seem good at talking myself into jobs on other cars instead of doing mine too.

Funny how that ends up happening.

Plans for this weekend are get the rear hatch in primer :D including shaving the 3rd brake light and the rear wiper hole. Also need to cut the glass out :gag:

That should only take a day of solid work, then its onto some more engine bay work and maybe a few other things.

I still think hot pink is where its at for sway bars...

I still need to pick up my front one. The rear is sitting in a box @ the shop though. Might go buy a pint of some hideous pink paint at lunch :tongue:

Looking good!

If you need any Megasquirt info, give me a shout. I have all the setup configuration files from when I had it on my VRT. Also got a wiring diagram knocking about somewhere.

Nice throttle bodies, think we'll be able to hear it from over hear! Awesome :shock:

what did you wire to? I have pinouts from reading the bentley to wire directly to the fuse block since I am hiding all of my wiring in the frame rails

And I have a good N/A VR6 base tune to start with since the throttle bodies wont be done right away. :(

awesome stuff, i only just read it, certainly lots of work there, can't wait to see it progress. :clap:

had ben try to help me take out the rear glass... He got the bright idea to just push on it a bit...

So I cleaned up glass for about an hour and cleaned my cuts from it :gag:

IMAGE_075.jpg

so with that said done, and out of the way I shaved the rear wiper hole

IMAGE_076.jpg

IMAGE_078.jpg

IMAGE_080.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

started grinding down those ugly things I called welds in the engine bay too.

IMAGE_074.jpg

On a side note started looking at cars. I need a new daily driver. I am thinking an audi A4 or A6. :D

You need to start workin on this thing! I expect a shaved bay by DATR!

BLAH BLAH BLAH, im working on it!!! HAHA :p

The passenger side only has 1 more hole... I need to cut out the raintray though.

I keep talking about doing it but I keep wimping out... Maybe I will just take the cutoff wheel to it next time im at the shop :cuckoo:

thank my mom!

I hope the wifey didn't kill you for me hanging out so late the other night. Shoot me a PM with your email address I have pictures for you to forward for me :wink:

You should start a thread for your car on here. I am sure these guys would go nuts over it :D

Wow, so earlier today, I accidentally asked a customer "anything else I can do you for?" instead of "can I help you with anything else?" Oops.

:gag: