Sign in to follow this  
4stud

Towing a trailer

I'm guessing most will tell me not to do it but i may want to trailer another car down to run to the sun on the back of my Corrado. I have a 2.0 16v and will be traveling 155 miles. All the roads seem fairly flat and the car i'm towing (stock Ford Anglia) weighs feck all.

Anyone ever done this? We towed it back from Norfolk with a 2.0 Frontera with no problems.

Make sure your allowed to tow 1st of all!

If you past your test 'after' 1998 your not allowed to tow a twin axle trailer carrying a load of over 750kgs! Ive been towing trailers since i was 18!

So stupid my that my Granny can tow a trailer, but i cant even with my bus licence! bloody daft! :x :roll:

however i wouldnt advise towing in the 16V,ive seen a few Vr6s with tow bars and they are ok for towing,however most im aware off tow wee jet ski's! Your Anglia might be light but you got the trailer on top of that as well.

From your Sig saying that you're 22, i guess you can't do it legally unless you've passed a proper trailer test.

It's pretty rubbish really, considering you can tow huge trailers behind tractors with a car license.

So what happens when i get pulled over? Do they tow it for you or do you just leave it by the side of the road and carry on? I've never seen a learner car with a trailer on the back.

dunno really.Guess they make you leave it there, and get someone who can tow it to pick it up? I've been towing trailers over 750kg without the license a bit, and i guess i would get a fair bit of bother, i suppose it invalidates your insurance etc. there aren't many places you can do trailer tests (at least round here it seems) i was goign to take one recently, found a place near portsmouth, a few of my mates went there.