Sign in to follow this  
gollfy

ABS LIGHT/LOOM QUESTION

A car I have just bought has had abs light/loom removed. So ive purchased one but dont know where th loom goes :roll:

does it go to fuse box-abs ecu or somewhere else :?:

Help appreciated

Car is a 95 8V

this may sound like a silly question, but are you sure your corrado has ABS? some didnt come with it. Yours should according to the year but you never know.

I cant see someone would remove the loom really.

there should be an abs ecu in the passenger side under the dash behind a plastic trim thats where the wiring goes ,do you still have the system in the engine bay? if not itll cost a fair bit to put back in ,i think !!

Car has abs pump and abs ecu but when bought just had the abs light cover only on dash, I have bought a light and loom, just needed to know where it runs too 8)

the loom comes out of the passenger side of the firewall,theres 1 or 2 plugs on the pump which should be easy to spot ,theres 2 long black wires which have plugs in they are for the sensors on the hubs ,they route through the suspension turrets by through holes by the brake lines ,theres one wire which goes to the master cylinder at the bottom ,then yopu have a live and earth to the battery ,im going of memory here but if you have any trouble post up some pics of the plugs/engine bay ,or any thing your struggling with and ill try and help

still stuck on this one:)

I have abs light with a 7 wire loom going to a green connector, need to know where this plugs onto????

you got me there ! does it go in the fuse box ?? i wont see my car till wednesday now but ill check then if thats any help ? dash is out and im rerouting the wiring so ill definitly know ,

checked it today ,green plug goes to the fuse box ,as you look at the fusebox in the car ,its on the drivers side i think its the middle row and its on the end nearest the drivers door ,the plugs by it are green as well so it should be obvious ,any probs give me a shout

Thanx wilkes for your time, hate dropping the fuse box. :roll:

Will look at this at w/e and hopefully sort

8)