Sign in to follow this  
mbaker8v

Roof Trim

my old dear was heading off to Tescos, so she's now popping past Hal;fords and B&Q as she recons you can get some stuff to soften it up, she's asking how paint deals with it.

she's also getting me so hard wearing paint to paint the front spoiler (after I have fixed it with whatever she finds to fix it with).

I would drive but I just sealed some hoses so need to wait for the sealant to set ;), plus i'm watching the football ;)

you need a 'toffee' wheel. most body shops will have them. no idea what they look like but they take the sticky foam backing off without damaging the paint work. which is easy if you use the wrong chemicals.

also if your looking at filling the roof gutter- which i have done. dont just fill it. it will crack and look pooh. you need to weld a plate across then fill in the slight gap. roof lining out etc.

['H3R4POR]my old dear was heading off to Tescos, so she's now popping past Hal;fords and B&Q as she recons you can get some stuff to soften it up, she's asking how paint deals with it.

she's also getting me so hard wearing paint to paint the front spoiler (after I have fixed it with whatever she finds to fix it with).

I would drive but I just sealed some hoses so need to wait for the sealant to set ;), plus i'm watching the football ;)

erm ,i hope thats a spelling mistake ,and your old dear isn't getting you hard by wearing paint :D

oh my .... :(

sorry, forgot about this thread.

A toffee wheel you say? hokey cokey, got a guy who dId my last work so maybe he can shed some light on it. I just don't wanna pay grocery store prices for something the farmer probably spat in.

I'll pop past and see what he says, I have to go round there anyways to see about some other stuff.

cheers kids :)