Sign in to follow this  
Joe M

Surveilance for my car

A few weeks ago someone put in the drivers window of my car on a friday night, I thought it was just a random one off thing but last night the same thing was attempted again. Now my brand new drivers window has a big mark on it and my door is all dented. The house brick that was lying next to the car isnt the kind of thing that would have been lying about the street so for them to bring the brick with them suggests to me it was premeditated.

Now, I dont have a clue who it could be, other than just some jelous prick so im thinking of hooking up some sort of camera at the window with something that will record for say, 24hr before starting over again so if anything else happens then I can find out who it is once and for all.

Any suggestions for a cheap method of achieving this?

work out there pattern and stay up and wait for them. worked for me last year when some little twats tried to nick my old polo every wednesday night for 5 weeks. theyd already done the damage so i sat in the window and allowed them to proceed in trying to steel a car that had no steering wheel on and no ignition system left in the engine bay. whilst they were doin that the police were on there way. caught all four of em n theyd even brung a steering wheel with them.

Joe M

This webcam is cheap at £13 but won PC Pro webcam test this month. You can set it up to act as a secuirty cam with motion dectection so it only records when something is happening. It also has infra red leds for recording in dark conditions. not sure how far ur car is parked from ur window but it might be what you are after

http://www.ebuyer.co.uk/UK/product/98542

I dont rate the quality of webcams, especially at distance, and at night

wait and call the cozzers might be the best bet

or, security lights work pretty well in scaring people off, and are relatively cheap

Ive already spoke to the police, its just theres not a great deal they can do unless someone see's what happens and it seems more like acts of vandalism than trying to steal something.

As for pattern, its been 2 friday nights 4 weeks apart.