Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

khaki Vr6 Wanted.

Yeah.. i've only ever seen / heard of one and that was Ron's.. thats a name I aint heard for a while! Was pretty sad that his car got nicked / lost / trashed especially when it was sporting such an uncommon colour :(

Surely you have some contacts though Daz after all the work you've done for people up and down the country to get a decent, cheap respray done? :)

Good luck finding one though.. its a super colour!

Spraying one is an option but it would cost around 5k to do a total colour change so thats the reason for looking for one in the correct colour as we have to try and stick to the budget we have allocated for other area's of the car.

Buy a black one, leave the bay and the inside of the car standard black and just respray the outside of the car. £2k should do for an outside colour swap. Green body with a black 'bay would be sweet! You could even leave the door and boot shuts black... maybe, maybe not..

Brief History :

The Khaki pearl effect car mentioned earlier in this thread was unique in the UK. The colour was a Germany only colour, and the car was ordered in RHD by it's first owner (who I know) when he lived in Germany.

I have to say I thought the colour was interesting, but not really what I would want. The uniqueness of the colour made it stand out, but I always thought it looks a bit "army" personally.

I remember seeing one up at Glenshee Ski center up here in Scotland about 2 years ago. It also had cream leather interior and even covered in snow it looked gorgeous. I left a note on the car that day explaining that i'd like to buy his car but nothing ever came of it. Did get the ball rolling in my head about the Oak green idea as it is similar. Darren do you fancy an Oak Green Corrado VR6 with VF charger? Only for sale if a buy back option is available.