Sign in to follow this  
martyjmcfly

Peugout 206 1.4i failed on emmisions

Totally off the Corrado and VW side of things i'm sorry but here we go. My work collegues naff tacky as hell 206 1.4i has just failed it MOT. Not a suprise it being French - it's only 6 years old for crying out loud!!!

The Peugout main dealership/garage (from where he bought it from) have said it needs a new Cat but from the emisssions data sheet that doesn't ring true for me.

The HC levels are well within limits 30ppm (max allowed 200ppm) so i would have thought that the cat is fine - its burning excess unburnt fuel off.

The emissions failed on the Lambda 1.061 (max allowed 1.030) so does this mean its just the lambda to fault and needs a new lambda probe?

Needless to say that the Lambda probe is covered on the warranty, but the cat is not!

Any info would be mosty helpful.

Cheers

M

He he he - obviously i've made a few people laugh etc about discussing a poxy french car. I must appologise for even bringing such material to the forum. I just thought some techy's would know a bit about MOT emission data thats all and try to help my work collegue avoid paying for unessecary expensive parts....... :oops:

hi

sorry if its late if the car only failed on the lambda then the chances are that theres an air leak somewhere! look for any exhaust leaks or inlet manifold leaks,usually quick and simple as long as the co was below 0.20 then thats all it can be if the co is sky high and wont come down when the cat should be hot then the cat aint working

if the co and hc are marginal take the car oyt for an "itallian tune up" to get the cat really hot and try again!

hope this helps,equally relevant to any cat equiped motor!

andy