Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

speed sensor

sorry, have looked in the search but found no info :oops: my spoiler is playing up, have checked all the fuses there ok, got a new switch because i lost my temper with my old one, all wires are ok, so i looked at the speed sensor, and the plug?? that the cable slots into, its very loose, and it moves 360 degrees round?? there is also alot of movement up/down, really cant remember if that is how it should be, or is it not supposed to move?? oh yeh the spolier goes up at 48mph but then wont go down. :?

another question, where is the relay for the spoiler, is it the one that is virtually behind the headlight switch?? its doing my head in with the spoiler not working, keep on putting it down manually so it does not get damaged by some kid's. :?

It uses the speedo signal via the clocks so if thats working ok then it won't be the speed sensor...

No relay but yes the control box is near the spoiler and headlight switch.

I'm always interested in faults like this and more so the outcome and cure so please post in here if/when you fix it.

Mine works fine but fore armed is fore warned as they say.

Chris

this is really doing my head in now :x got a new spoiler switch, and a new control box, these both work as i have put them in my mates rado, and he's spolier works 100%, put switch/control box back into mine, and the spoiler only goes up, have checked fuse's, the blue/white wire from the stereo is fine, and all the connections seem fine, what the hell could i have missed??

I can sympathise here, my spoiler does the old not working at all except for on the manual switch, Checked fuses, blue wire seems to have been removed altogether by previous owner(s) It's had new sensor fitted too. Had given up but feel like having another bash, I'll let you know if I get any luck