Sign in to follow this  
Ginger60

Alloy wheel refurb

Hi there

Does anyone know if the BK299s can be refurbed cost effectively? Mine are a bit scuffed.

Some guy told me the split rim effect studs are made of plastic... :!: :?: so makes the refurb impossible and the mirror effect edge would be painted over too... :cry:

Any help would be fantastic otherwise im gonna have to save up for new rims... :drinking:

TBH, i wouldn't bother. if youre thinking of changing soon anyway, you wont get close to getting back the refurb cost if it can be done. a couple of sets in good nick have gone on here for no money.

get saving!! :lol:

TBH, i wouldn't bother. if youre thinking of changing soon anyway, you wont get close to getting back the refurb cost if it can be done. a couple of sets in good nick have gone on here for no money.

get saving!! :lol:

LOL ok point taken mate thankyou, this is so annoying! Just spent £2000 getting it back on the road :cry:

Ginger69, just reread my post and it sounds a little harsh :oops: but i'd still say putting money towards new wheels would be best option.. check german ebay for the best prices!

i just had my wheels re-painted for 50quid and they had all the scratches filled aswell but it was by a mate.You can have the mirror finsh done by having the face machined

bristolbaron, Thankyou mate must say I like your wheels in the picture of blue rado what are they?

flusted, Ive got a number of a guy who does them that price but have to see... love the pic of rado its phat :wink:

bristolbaron, Thankyou mate must say I like your wheels in the picture of blue rado what are they?

flusted, Ive got a number of a guy who does them that price but have to see... love the pic of rado its phat :wink:

17" borbet A's.. they'll last me the summer and then i'll probably be on to something different, so if you're saving long enough let me know! :wink: