Sign in to follow this  
G60Dan

Lumpy G60

The G60 has sometimes been running a little lumpy lately when cold. Almost like a very small misfire, but only at idle. It still seems to perform ok.

In it's service a few months ago, the plugs & leads weren't due for another few thousand miles, so I just figured it was time to change them when it started doing this.

I have changed the plugs & leads now, but it still seems to be doing it. I have also changed the blue water sensor on the front of the head, but it's made no difference. Could it be the black one needs changing too?

I have just found a split boost hose which shall be sorted this week. I don't suppose this is helping, but I can't see it being this that is the problem for it running a little lumpy??

Any ideas please give me a shout. Bit of head scratching going on???? :?

I'd get the split boost hose repaired/replaced asap, TBH. Also check the vac hose to the ECU for cracks at either end.

Tempest

I'd get the split boost hose repaired/replaced asap, TBH. Also check the vac hose to the ECU for cracks at either end.

Tempest

That ECU hose has to be 1m long. Go to Halfrauds and buy a pack of Diesel injector run of line. its exactly 1m long by 3.4/3.5 mm internal diameter. Its a perfect fit. Also comes with Diesel injector blanking caps. Use these to blank of the lower throttle body nipple if you have removed the carbon canister.

I'm not driving the car till the hose has been sorted. I have one on the way.

I have replace the ecu hose about 6 months ago with silcone hose, but I suppose the blanking plug could have come out of the throttle body?? That would explain things. I'll have a check!

Can't look till later as it's at home.

I´m with Tempest on this one!

It seems to me that there´s a crappy vaccum hose somewhere...

Keep posting! :)

Checked the vacuum hose last night. I couldn't see anything wrong? So I pulled it off, put it back on & it has seemed to sort it?? Not able to drive the car due to the split boost hose, so can't be sure as yet, but all looks promising!