Sign in to follow this  
VR6Bella

Early VR6 Immobilizer / starting issues

Can any one help with the following (seem to be linked but don't really have a clue);

- When car wet (heavy rain / washed car with hosepipe wet) immbolilser does not stop flashing and car does not start (nor radio etc) - if left between 5 to 30 minetes it will then start working as if nothing went wrong at all!

- Starting issues in that engine will turn over but not start (both cold and warm) - if keep turning it will eventually go - but only if percivering! Could this be fuel pump / relay and if relay which one relates to this?

I have an Autowatch 351 immboliser (alarm has been disconnected), I have been replacing relay and fuses in the drivers footwell area like they are going out of fashion with no sucess (and water link does not see to point to it being an internal issue).

VW says that the car does not have a immobiliser coil (but last week they tried to sell me a dissy cap with only 5 points - then told me they didn't know anything about older cars when I tried to point out why a 4 point dissy cap would just not fit!) so what else could it be? Or where they wrong about this?

If it's anything like the last one, Andi will be walking with a slight limp for around a week......it's always rougher on him when it's blokes that lock themselves out :lol:

What would a sweet little girl like me would do to get back in here...

:angel:

...to make some one walk with a limp!!

I guess that would depend on how much I needed to get my corrado running!

Okey really need help with this issue (although not sure if this is the right place to put it anymore).

Car still having issues when starting (clicky noise when it is trying from somewhere behind the dash) have replaced fuel pump, ignition switch, rotor arm, dizzy cap, plugs and leads - changing off optimax (which I have been running it on for the last 1yr) seems to help but not entirly. Car when idling also reving at 2 grand and there is a delay / misfire when trying to pull away.

Any ideas as am having to run this as a day to day car at the moument cos road car has died!

My dad had a problem like this on his mk3 cabriolet.

Does the car fire and then die or just not fire at all??

We tried absolutely everything on his (he had a clifford alarm/immob on his) and then someone sugessted replacing the 'fuel sender' Apparently - a piece of wire that senses the key in the ignition and sends fuel to be burnt!

Noy sure if this was on the early VRs as his is a 96/N Avantgarde but maybe worth a try??

Cheers NottsCounty - Yep when it doesn't want to go it turns but doesn't fire, other times it fires striaght away with out a thought! I'll try the fuel sender - if I can track it down!

Supercharged - I have changed the fuel pump (and associated bits) and my suspicions have been with the ECU but others have assured my they don't go wrong - maybe the next thing on the list after the fuel sender.

VR6Bella, I just meant change the Relays (the electrical supplys to the fuel pump and ECU) - they don't cost much and are known to play up over time...

Have now change all the relays in the drivers footwell - as as yet have had no effect!

Also changed the module, changed type of plugs / leads and the ignition switch - am running out of things to change on the car (and money)! :(

Any ideas of if the immobiliser could be causing issues? Could understand it causing non starting but am bemused if it is the causing high revs and delay on pulling away.