Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

G60 talk!!!!

Starting to get to know my G60 more and more each day :D

What i want to know is the differences between the Cahrgers...

When i purchased my C the guy told me i was R1 spec charger !!! Reading though different threads i hear other terminologies like Jabba stage 3/4.. :?

Can anyone give me an explanation??? Is an R1 spec charger one of the best :?

Every where you go that does charger rebuilds calls them different names for the work and to be honest each charger porting and flowing is never the same so best is when you think you are ready to have it done ie spare cash adn you think it's time - then go somewhere like G-werks and get it looked at and then ported to best suit the charger you have!!

Ahh a fellow C owner from Birmingham.... Where do you go for all your mechanical issues??? Trying to locate someone who knows what they're doing.. I've got a Crankshaft oil seal that needs attention. Any suggestions.

Try Stealth Racing in Southam.

Or DIY (if you've got the right tools and a bit of patience :-) )

Tempest

I know just the person! Drop me a pm with your number and I'll give you a call tomorrow and put you in touch. He's in moseley

.... I've got a Crankshaft oil seal that needs attention. Any suggestions.
I've got a suggestion.....Regardless of who does your work, make sure you REPLACE the crank timing sprocket retaining bolt. It is a stretch bolt, and these freakin lumps like to go "variable crank timing" on us... That key in the gear and keyway in the crank itself get loopy.

R1 is usually ported a bit more than Stage 4. Jabba do an R1, GWerks do a full blend charger. Prob on a par with the R1.

Basically the charger has been ported to within an inch of it life.Both inside and out..

Mine is Stage 4. You can see the work when you look at the exhaust port. Lots of grinding work.

See here

Scroll down the page you will see side by side shot of Stage 4 and an R1 spec charger.

Then you fit different size pulleys to the charger for further fun :D

With stock pulley and porting the charger the boost level will increase? I understand on stock charger and pulley it has to be 12psi...

i have a R1 done by jabba sport, when i spoke to them when i asked whats the difference between there stage 4 and R1, they said not much, you get the best out of the R1 with some engine mods, cams etc then you can gain a little bhp lol

:)