Sign in to follow this  
ben16v

car not starting after fitting gauges - i suspect alarm!

right

fitted my volt meter and oil pressure gauge tonight and they`re up and running

problem is the car will not start, it turns over but will not fire, it was started several times during installation no problems.

alarm is toad Ai606 and has been fine for 4 years, reason i suspect alarm is that the led is flashing red very quickly when i`m trying to start the car, never normally does this.

when the alarm is on normally and i turn the ignition the fuel pump, starter or any electrics do not work, this is still the same but now although the alarm is off all pump etc are working but it wont fire!

when i`m cranking it over it seems that there is no spark

any one got any ideas about why the alarm would do this??

have i caught a wire to the coil for example when refitting the panels?

what ignition parts would an alarm fitter link it to?

i know the brain for the alarm is behing the centre console and the wire for the siren is fed through the same hole in the bulkhead as i ran my sender wire

yet to take the under dash tray on driverside off to access the brain yet as it got dark

i`ll be looking tomorrow morning but as i know there is a few alarm types here thought id drop in a post for any ides!

thanks in advance/hope it makes sense

ben

turns over fine as normal so batterys fine brand new bosch silver reading 12v just wont fire (although i need to move the power - as i took it from the fan switch, but didnt realise it would vary depending on hte position of the fan :roll: but its not that as i had the car running 30 seconds before it wouldnt start to realise the voltage varies off the fan switch)

i pulled the yellow wire from the oil pressure sender to dash clocks a bit but thats literaly all i did apart from refitt stereo and heater controls , there wouldnt be anything on that loom to stop it starting would there?

Thanks

Hmmm - something may have shorted / come loose but i'd check the ignition switch first....

really? like i say its cranking fine and was running fine untill i put the panels back in and pulled the yellow wire :doh:

and i notice the alarm is flashing red quickly - i`ve looked through my manual and the fitters guide but it doesnt say anything about rapid flashing

how do you check the switch BTW

hi mate, just got your message. Could it be something with the earth on the back of the guages playing funny with your alarm/immob?

Hmmm - something may have shorted / come loose but i'd check the ignition switch first....

well done sir, been upto the mechanics today, no spark to the plugs, put a lead from battery to coil voila engine runing....

nothing to do with my alarm just me being paranoid, after reading the insrtuctions the quick flashing was for the overide code!!

will fit it tomorrow and move the live for the gauges and secure them then hopefully all wil be cool

thanks steve and andrew(my oil pressure is the same as yours too)

ben