Sign in to follow this  
was8v

What does this wire do? Plugged into back of fuse box

I'm removing a previous immobiliser installation from my corrado and the "immobilisation circuit 1" splits a wire plugged into the back of the fuse box.

It is a single wire with a single plug going into point 30 in the diagram of the back of the fuse box.

It is Red with a yellow (or is it orange :? ) stripe and is only a small wire.

The only reference to point 30 in the bentley is in the other diagram, but that is a red wire that apparently loops round to point 30B. This wire in my car definatly isn't plain red!

I'm not much good with the bentley manual - can anyone tell me what this thin wire at point 30 in my car does?

30 is +12V permanent.

IIRC that wire os the power for the lamba probe relay, but I may be wrong.

follow it, where does it go? it's a power source for something.

Thanks for the response.

My car is a late '93 coilpack VR btw forgot to mention!

The red/orange above wire goes straight through into the engine bay behind the fuse box, having diffuclty tracing it after that cos they are all wrapped up!

Anyway I pulled the plug on it and tried starting the car, and it doesnt do what I hoped. I think it must cut the ignition system - the starter still turns the engine over but doesn't fire. I need to cut the starter circuit for a CAT 1 system.

Any ideas on where I can cut the feed to the starter relay? The only wire I can identify feeding the starter relay is marked 4.0 R/BK connecting to F/1 behind the fuse box in the diagram below. But this is a FAT wire - much fatter than the immobiliser wires so I cant interrupt that unless I want a fire!

any ideas on which smallish wire to interrupt to disable the starter? I can't interpret the diagram well enough to see what to cut!