Sign in to follow this  
20v turbo

new intercooler

well had the first failure on the car in 3 years the other day,the intercooler split on the bottom core :x anyway had a look round at verious places and got some prices to see if they had come down from when i looked 3 year ago,boy they dont half know how to rip you off dont they i got quotes from £550 to£700 for the size i wanted(640 x 280 x60).as i made my first one i thought at them prices i'll be making this one too,had a core made to my dimensions at pace products £176 went to local fabrication shop got some ally which i will cut the end tanks from £5,but i am welding it up my self but the local shop said between £30-50 to weld it if they did it,so in total it's cost me £181 and half a day to make the end tanks and weld them up :D . i know not everybody has good mechanical skill but i'm sure most of you could cut some ally up and take it to the fabricators for welding, save's you a lot of money for other things on the car. i'll post some more pics up when it's done.

looks nice fella, i used to work at a fab shop where we used to make all sorts of coolers ( amongst other things ) , all in stainless to resist the coastal climate and can appreciate the effort you put in :thumbleft:

Noticed that my G60 pinked the other day (you know the day when the weather was, err actually warm).

Made me the think Intercooler...

Looked at my Peugeot 306 Dturbo and thought it (the intercooler) might just fit in front of the rad on the C...

Not from the same car of course as this is my daily drive, but what I'm trying to get at, is are there other, cheaper intercoolers out there that would do the trick?

As ever, just curious.

but what I'm trying to get at, is are there other, cheaper intercoolers out there that would do the trick?

sure there is, just got to go to the breakers and have a look, but i`m sure some enterprising chap will be along soon to tell you which one to go for ......probaly :)