Sign in to follow this  
elrikos

milltek issue

Hi guys.

Just wanted to get your opinions on whether i may have some recourse thorugh milltek on this one.

I've PM's 16vg60 and am awaiting a reply but thought i'd guage opinion.

I bought my g60 about a month ago and have noticed an exhaust blowing noise. No problem thought i, i'll just have to tighten a clamp somewhere.

I went underneath the car today and found that the milltek cat replacement pipe has split open. The rear plate which the exit pipe connects to has got a nice semi circular split and is blowing like mad.

I've called milltek and the MD is calling me tomorrow to discuss it. Not entirely sure what kind of response i'm going to get though as i didnt have the pipe fitted myself (a previous owner did). I have found out thanks to stealth racing (as graham from there used to own the car) that the pipe can be a maximum of 2 years old as it had a supersprint fitted when he sold the car in 2004.

Anyway tohught i'd guage what you guys think. Will the milltek warranty machine come up trumps or am i going to be forking out ofr a new pipe?

cheers

Rich

P.s this is by no means a moan at milltek. I'm giving them a chance to sort this one out and won't say a word against them until i've seen if they'll help me out on this one

hello elrikos, john ( 16VG60 ) is a pretty decent fella and i`ll expect he will fight your corner if there was any reluctance to help from milltek, i`m sure things will be ok fella :thumbleft:

Got to hand it to them if the MD is going to call you back - imagine if you went to Kwik Fit with a blowing backbox you bought from them, they'd just send out some monkey to bash it with a hammer....

lol!

apparently the MD deals with all warranty issues and failures personally (which i do find quite reassuring and impressive i have to say!)

Just waiting to hear what the verdict will be. The only slight concern i have is that i cant tell them the exact age of the pipe. Maximum 2 years though so hopefully they'll take pity on me!

I believe the Milltek has a Lifetime warranty but only if you are the original purchaser of the system, it does't transfer to the next owner, its likely that any gesture offered by Milltek will be exactly that - a goodwill gesture

usually these life time warrenties are only valid to the buyer (original owner).

gl though mate :)