Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

Anybody know about Porsches ???

I've always wanted a Porsche 911 as a bit of a toy, Really just to experience it and say i've owned one .....

I haven't got a clue about them, so i'm hoping someone here will !!!!!

What i want to know is!!! Whats this one worth ????

I do know the woman and rekon i may be able to buy it at a bargain!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4641402637&fromMakeTrack=true

i would say beware wet roundabouts, but its a 4 so your "relatively safe".

Looks flocking cheap for a 91.

Im no expert, but my wifes brother worked as the service manager for porsche for 6 yrs at a main dealer. ill give him a buz tommorrow and ask him what all the commmon faults are and post you run down tommorrow. Doubt he'll be much good on prices though.

Looks like they go on condition more than age etc mate

Cheers NickVR6 Much appreciated....

I just realy fancy one.. Love the sound of a Porsche specially this engine size...

loads of torque! cant beat that flat siz sound either agreed!!

natural progression it seems from a raddo, im very jelous!

last of the classic shape butes aswell, understated but loads of character!

i even love the plain no messing dials and dash.

ill see what he says about the problems. seem to remember each age has its own qwirks, one having an expensive oil seal that allways goes iirc

will defo sort some info bud

sorry but thats gonna go for a lot more than £8k........i'd say £12k+ even.......its whats known as the 964 model too which is a lot of car for not too much money,HOWEVER......they have a reputation for big oil leaks and big servicing costs

if you have the means to do it..............go for it but don't expect to run it on a shoestring..............my 993C4 has a more advanced 4WD system which in turn is meant to be more economical and i'm lucky if i get 17mpg round town

Basically she wants about 12k for it and has spent a fortune on it over the past 4yrs of ownership...

Is fuel consumption really that bad....

I was hoping to get it for a good price!! Use it for summer and pull my money back???

Yeh or Nay ?????

swings and round-a-bouts tbh.............you won't lose too much money depreaciation wise but keeping it could prove costly........you could get hit with big bills eg....a clutch replacement can cost well over £1k especially if you need a new flywheel..........best person to ask about Porkers maintenance wise is radostormvr6 he seems to know most of their foibles

clutch recently done with flywheel and slave...

If she'd let it go for around 11k i'd probably take it... Miles are low for its age

Bet you love your 964 tho !!!!!!

clutch recently done with flywheel and slave...

If she'd let it go for around 11k i'd probably take it... Miles are low for its age

Bet you love your 964 tho !!!!!!

nah i've a 993 C4............last of the air-cooled ones :wink:

this is my beastie................slightly more tamer to control in the wet than the 964 C4 too

IMG_0459.jpg

That is awesome..... I have a real love for Porsches,,,,, What year is that a 1998???

My all time favourite is the one from Bad boys!!!! When they're chasing the cobra..