Sign in to follow this  
MNuTz

16v engine switch

Lo,

If you read my post in General Chat you will know that ive got a 1.8 16v with a destroyed chasis and a G60 with a bad engine.

Im going to get the 16v put into the G60 shell, got it running perfect and then get the G60 charger recond upto stage 4 and fit a aftermarket intercooler.

What things should i keep in mind when getting the engines switched??

Main query is which bits should i be keeping on the G60 or replacing from the 16v? Which gearbox, should i use the 16v wiring loom or will the G60 one work with the 16v engine? The g60 has got ABS but the valver hasnt, easy to transfer and keep or to remove?

Any help very gratefully received as i need this done asap for work!

Which bits should i keep as replacements incase they go in the future and which bits would be the most profitable to sell?

thanks

If you've got the 16v gearbox then you should probably use that, the same goes for the loom really even though the 16v wiring is really quite simple. Bear in mind you'll need to use the higher-pressure 16v fuel pump if you're using the K-Jet injection.

It may be possible to run the 16v engine using the Digi I loom, without too much grief, but I'm not sure if you'd need a Digi II airflow meter and throttle body for that. Another forum member is attempting to run a 2.0 16v on Digi II injection from a Mk2 8v GTI. I'll have a look for that thread as you should take a look at some of the VWVortex links in it.

* EDIT *

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41834