Sign in to follow this  
RapidVII

Installing Gauges

Hi everyone,

Ive just bought 3 52mm gauges for my '91 1.8 16v Corrado. They are, Oil Pressure, Water Temperature, and Oil Temperature.

Has anyone fitted any of these independent gauges before, as if its possible to tell me where did you plug the senders to, for the gauges ?

The senders I have with the gauges are just the standard type BSP thread that are found with most cars i'll assume.

Ive done a search, and havent found anything to be honest.

Any help would be great guys, it would save me a few hours in figuring it out for meself.

Cheers.

By the way, if your wondering where im mounting the gauges, im making a 3 holed unit that will fit in the gap under the ash tray, I think its where the cassette holder is on some of the C's.

R7

With regards to Oil Pressue - Is it mechanical or Electrical?

I believe you can plug the Oil pressure sender into the topof the Oil Filter Housing.

Use the "Search" mate there is a load of info on this sort of stuff.. mainly asked by me...

With regards to Oil Pressue - Is it mechanical or Electrical?

I believe you can plug the Oil pressure sender into the topof the Oil Filter Housing.

Use the "Search" mate there is a load of info on this sort of stuff.. mainly asked by me...

The point on the filter housing is the Low pressure side is'nt it? Mind you mine was there and now its at the head no dif. Wicked pressure at start up and 0 when doing 80mph??? :lol:

Maybe my sender is duff.

See here

I think both high and low pressure switches are on the oil filter housing. I seem to remember reading a post on VWVortex a while back about swapping the low pressure switch with another sender on the back of the cylinder head as an engine safety measure. It was on a 9A engine though so I'll have to check the KR has the same oilways.

I think both high and low pressure switches are on the oil filter housing. I seem to remember reading a post on VWVortex a while back about swapping the low pressure switch with another sender on the back of the cylinder head as an engine safety measure. It was on a 9A engine though so I'll have to check the KR has the same oilways.

That would be great if you could find that out bud.

Thanks very much.

R7

just done mine using audi VDO only did oil pressure and voltage

(1.8 16v KR)

get some reasonable gauge wire and some female ends

remove the brown sender on the oil filter housing and replace with the twin pole sender that matches up with your gauge (i had to put my white sender at the back cos there was no room)

run a wire through the bulkhead

take power from and ignition live (you`ll need a multi meter for this)

get a good earth

take power for the bulbs from somewhere on the heater control panel so they dim with the rest of your dash

the power for the other gauge just daisy chain

Ben16V,

Great information and pictures thanks, Is the oil pressure sender that beeps on the MFA still connected also out of interest ?

Cheers.

R7

yes mate, the twin pole sender sorts that out (what you can see in the top pic)the left hand wire is the original one that goes to the dash

when i still had the brown sender in the light was flashing and beeping but keeping the white one (behing the twin pole one sorted that out)

everything works as standard just with addition of the gauges

ben