Sign in to follow this  
Lippy

KR Inlet Cam

quick question,

how many 2.0 valver owners have done this mod

did you get a garage to fit? If so, where and how much £

if not, can someone post up some info about the install procedure? Is any further adjustments e.g. timing etc required?

Cheers

Andrew

had mine done at stealth, because I'm a lazy bugger. i'll dig out the receipt tonight and tell you how much£... Its actually a pretty easy job to do though, I think there might be something about it in the knowledge base, or try a search. I'd love to tell you about how it made the engine perform better, but mine is running like a pile of arse.

quick question,

if not, can someone post up some info about the install procedure? Is any further adjustments e.g. timing etc required?

Cheers

Andrew

remove plug leads

remove top cam belt cover

upper half of inlet manifold removed, vac pipes(note how these go on) two brackets behind head, 13mm nuts to lower half, you will probably need a new gasket on re-assembly

10mm nuts for cam cover

new cam cover gasket and half moon seals

cam belt tensionner loosened (remove tensionner and check both tensionner and belt, replace if suspect)

remove cam bearing caps for inlet (in correct sequence? think Haynes lists this - you don't want to snap a cam!) and keep in order and correct way round for install

check wear in cam chain, cheap so replace if suspect

fit inlet cam and align dots to each other and top surface of head (RHS/dizzy end)

torque down bearing caps in correct sequence

re-fit cam cover with new seal and gently nip up cam cover 10mm nuts, too tight and you'll squeeze the seal out - use lock-tite

fit other gubbins back, check timing belt position etc... , turn over by hand on crank just to make sure!

Can't think of anything else at the mo.

It's not massively difficult but would take a garage an hour or twos labour I'd have thought, 60-70 quid? maybe a bit more?

David.

quick question,

Cheers

Andrew

Ive done several engine re-builds on these engines, and the only thing that's tricky is the cams, they can be a right pig, sometimes you'll get it first time mind.

To be honest if your not a skilled mechanic, pay a teckie to do the job, beleive me if you've not done one before, mate its not worth the hassle.

I posted a " how to " reply sort of thing on this forum about cams/cambelt head gasket.

Here's the link anyhow if your interested ( was a main dealer mechanic for 10 years, Renault Technical Expert )

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... highlight=

For the record, I once drove a Corrado 2.0 16v with the KR cams, and to be honest it dint feel any different.

Good Luck :)

R7